The fashion industry is an ongoing changing industry and so does the meaning of fashion and clothes. Do you know what cocktail dress is? Historically it was a long dress, touching the ankle. But the modern fashion world has changed the definition, and now it is a shorter dress around knee-length.
Cocktail dresses are far from being a dress that’s only worn during formal events. Now a day’s they’re popping up everywhere from nights out at the bar to business parties, to dinner parties, to a stage performance!
The role of a cocktail dress is to help you look stunning and feel comfortable when you’re out. There are various kinds of cocktail dresses, so when shopping for them there can be some confusion. In order to buy cocktail dresses, you need to a keep some important things in mind which helps you select a proper dress.
- First of all, decide what kind of cocktail party you’re attending. Is it a formal business party, informal business party or just a get to gather party? You can confirm this by asking the host because this will give you an idea what to buy. You can find an exclusive collection of latest cocktail dress at Ricca Sposa.
- After knowing the form of party, the second thing you need to decide the length of your party dress and you can do this by taking two things keep in mind. (1) Your height and physique and (2) Type of party. So if it is a formal party then ankle length dress would be the best option and short dress (cocktail) is good for the informal occasion.
- Your age factor does matter while you buy cocktail dresses. For example, if you’re a teenage girl, then low neck cocktail dress is what you must avoid buying. Because exposing the cleavage at this age is certainly indecent.
- Event’s time also matters a lot, because that will tell you which color to choose. White or ivory color is good for morning event; while dark color looks great in the evening or late night parties. Your wardrobe should have a mixture of all these.
- Lastly, keep it appropriate. When it comes to cocktail dresses staying appropriate is more important. By appropriate I don’t mean wearing the right dress to the right event but also wearing a dress that wouldn’t be considered cheap.